Seedling Seedling

A wonderful little adventure that just fills you with a sense of nostalgia. The pixel art is superb, the game play isn't too difficult or easy, and the dungeons really create their own atmosphere.

Sadly though, my game crashed as I was nearing the end. A save, quicksave, or checkpoint function would be nice to recover my hour or so of play.

Korrode Korrode

I had to drop the game at level 4. I just couldn't get past the level. Even if you get all the bolts, if your rust drop touches one of the metal pieces before the replay starts, you still lose. That, combined with a sluggish control scheme, made the game more frustrating than fun.

HybridMind responds:

Hey, thanks for playing it anyway. I wonder if there is a computer performance thing going on to make it feel sluggish? Well, either way--thank you for leaving your thoughts!

Relive Your Life Relive Your Life

I just couldn't play through more than twice. The crazy, twisting stories and nonsensical nature of the game didn't appeal to me. I suppose it just wasn't my cup of tea.

REPLAYING :the game: REPLAYING :the game:

Indeed, :the game: needed another one!

I've just recently gotten into AS, so I can tell how much work you put into the level editor! My hat is off to you my good sir!

also, pastebin ftw. :3

Nutcasenightmare responds:

YES, SOMEONE USED PASTEBIN.

And lol, that was a nice one.
Why use the healthcare symbol guy though...?

Xtreme Simpson Test 3 Xtreme Simpson Test 3

An alright quiz

The questions were simple if you've watched the show or have google/youtube. However, something you may want to work on, is the right-click context menu.

Overall, an alright quiz.

Exploit Exploit

Well, I was going to vote 0...

But I changed my mind after I played it through. Honestly, my first reaction was, "Oh great, someone is going and slandering actual hacking by making a game that makes it seem easy as pie", but after finding out that it was in fact a puzzle game, and a darn good one at that, I decided that this was definitely worthy of a five at the least. Honestly, if there was a higher score, I would put it.

I have only a few tinsy gripes:
1. The Perimeter control map of Camp Zulu was almost impossible... took me 30 minutes to figure that thing out man!

That's about it actually... Got a map for everyone though!

Double Take: Simple... or is it? Should take you about a minute to figure it out.
9G1,1B1,0B0,1B0,0B2,0B2,1B2,2B2,3B1,3 D0,2D1,2A3,0>12B0,3D8,4D8,0R4,6D4,0A7 ,7>18B7,0B6,6B7,6B8,6B8,7B8,8B7,8B6,8 B5,6B4,7B3,7B3,6B1,8B1,7D5,5D5,4D0,5D 2,5D2,8D5,8D5,7D3,5D3,1L4,1T3,-0.25;3 ,4;0,4;0,2.75;T7,6.75;7,-0.25;P0,9P-1 ,5P9,5P9,1

The Tutorial Collab '08 The Tutorial Collab '08

Nicely done

I found great use in your tutorial, especially about the MP3 player function, collision detection, and variable sections. It really wasn't put more clearly before, but now I think I have it down pat. ^^

Also, to Pip3r40, did you look at the MP3 player and sound section in the action scripting section?

Oh, and to Moonasha, there are AS2 scripts because, like myself a few months ago, I still had older versions of Flash that ran AS2 scripts.

But back to the review, nicely done. ^^ I hope the Music main-menu section is expanded upon in the future.

Depredation responds:

Thanks for the review, glad it helped.

Moosh'd Anime Tutorial Moosh'd Anime Tutorial

*jaw drops in freaking awe*

holy crap... thats got to be the best anime drawing tutorial I have ever seen... thanks for explaining all that so simply.